The Activate Learning group was launched in 2013, in response to opportunities in the educational sector. We have grown from a single college to a group comprising secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy, commercial and social enterprise, with an international reach.
Find out more about some of the key milestones in our development:
- 2003 – Oxford & Cherwell College launches when Oxford College of Further Education, North Oxfordshire College in Banbury and Rycotewood College merge
- 2005 – Opening of a new campus in Bicester coincides with a name change to Oxford & Cherwell Valley College
- 2010 – Reading College joins the Oxford & Cherwell Valley College Group
- June 2013 – Rocket Consultancy becomes part of Oxford & Cherwell Valley College Group
- August 2013 – OCVC is re-launched as Activate Learning
- September 2013 – UTC Reading, a new University Technical College for 14 to 19-year-olds specialising in computer science and engineering, opens. Activate Learning is the lead sponsor
- November 2013 – Former OCVC campuses are re-launched as Banbury and Bicester College and City of Oxford College
- September 2015 – UTC Oxfordshire, a new University Technical College in Didcot specialising in science and engineering, opened, with Activate Learning as the lead sponsor.
- September 2016 - The Oxfordshire Centre for Technology and Innovation is due to open in Oxford. The centre will offer young people aged 14 and over a curriculum specialising in construction.
- September 2016 - Bicester Technology Studio to open in Bicester. This new studio school will offer a new approach to learning and specialisms in construction and engineering. Activate Learning is the main sponsor.